Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Happy Birthday, Animal Kingdom!

(Logo from the park's Wikipedia page.) Today is Earth Day! And it's also the 10th anniversary of Disney's Animal Kingdom park at Walt Disney World in Florida, a theme park featuring real live animals! (Strange coincidence, huh?) So, what does this have to do with my blog, "Toons 'n' Tunes"? Well, Disney is the studio that brought us Mickey Mouse and he and his gang are animals, so, it's only fitting that I mention this soon-to-be milestone. Unfortunately, I'm not in Animal Kingdom (or even WDW) for the festivities, but it's a note worthy celebration, so, I'll just watch the opening ceremony at the Laughing Place and listen to Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade on my iPod. (Man, I miss Expedition Everest.)

Oh, and before I forget, just so you know, "Today in Disney History" posted about Animal Kingdom, sort of a mini tribute if you will.

No comments: