Thursday, August 12, 2010

Belated Birthday Greetings

Man! Have I been neglecting toons' birthdays or what? It's not that I forgot their b-days, it's just that I never bothered to post them on the blog here. So, to make up for it, I'm listing all the birthdays I missed these past couple of months.

June 9, 2010: Donald Duck turns 76 this day. Not as big as his 75th last year, but Disney didn't make that big a deal about it then either. Sorry I took so long to mention it, Donald, but please, don't be too angry with me about it. ...again. (See my posts on his 74th and 75th.)

June 23, 2010: Sonic the Hedgehog keeps running in his 19th year in existence. I neglected his birthday last year, but this year, I'm really a heal with Sega of America's contest in honor of Sonic's 19th b-day which offered a trip to Sega of Japan as the grand prize. Needless to say that Needlemouse: the Musical (courtesy of FierceDeityYS) won for the U.S. while Blue Sky Dreams (courtesy of Purplespikeyjoe) got the grand prize on the U.K. side of the world. I wouldv'e entered, but didn't because 1. I don't have a YouTube account and 2. even if I did, I missed the deadline to enter. I did like Needlemouse: the Musical though. I even downloaded the mp3 provided in the vid's description. Congrats, guys! You deserve it. (See my post on Sonic's 17th birthday here.)

July 27, 2010: Bugs Bunny reaches the big 7-0 on this day. However, I spent the day celebrating my mom's birthday since she shares the day with Bugs although she was born years later. That, and it's kinda hard to celebrate the wabbit's milestone knowing that soon, Cartoon Network would be showing this. (Courtesy of Cartoon Brew.) Man! That pic is hard to digest. And don't get me started on that promo vid. (Another link from Cartoon Brew.) Yikes! Hearing Daffy's voice makes me upset that Joe Alaskey isn't doing the voice for this series. And seeing what the characters look like in motion... Forget it! I prefer my Looney Tunes looking classic like they did in the late 90's-early 2000's, thank you very much. (See my posts on Bugs' 68th birthday and belated 69th.)

That's pretty much all the birthdays I forgot to post. Mostly because I'm lazy. Sorry 'bout that. Hope I can be able to overcome my laziness and post the birthdays for next year as they come up.

No comments: