Tuesday, August 11, 2009

My Top 5 Disney Princesses

I'm super excited to get Disney's newest animated film, "The Princess and the Frog", on DVD. Even before the movie hit theaters, I got hooked on its heroine, Tiana, the first African-American Disney Princess.

Yes, I like the Disney Princesses. After all, I am a girl, duh! But even I have my favorite princess. Actually, I have more than one fave. So, in true radio DJ fashion, I'm posting a top five list of my most favorite Disney Princesses. They are as follows:

5. Aurora from Sleeping Beauty
4. Cinderella, the title character
3. Belle from Beauty and the Beast
2. Tiana from The Princess and the Frog

And my number one favorite Disney Princess is...

Ariel from The Little Mermaid (What can I say, I have a thing for mermaids.)

Jasmine from Disney's "Aladdin" was at the number five spot, but after seeing "The Princess and the Frog" in theaters (and twice, I might add), Tiana shot up to number two, bumping Jasmine off my top five list. (Sorry, Jasmine. I still like you though.) In any case, Ariel will always remain my number one favorite Disney Princess. If you've ever seen "The Little Mermaid", you'll know why I like her the most. But all the Disney Princesses are great in their own way. Let's face it, Princesses rock!

UPDATE 1/20/10: The official Disney Parks blog is asking readers who their favorite Disney Princess is. I'd tell them my fave, but I'm not a member of the blog. It's still worth a read, go see.

No comments: